Title: Going Google and teaching in the cloud. Integrating technology to redefine and transform learning. Classroom examples of students completing creative and collaborative tasks
Presenter: Joshua Gane, Hunters Hill High School
Duration: 60 mins
Learn how to integrate collaborative and creative learning tasks into any classroom using Google Apps for Education (GAFE).
Suitable for all levels of GAFE user, in this workshop, you will learn how to design collaborative tasks which redefine learning.
This workshop is based on the 4 level SAMR Model. Participants will discover new teaching techniques based on GAFE products. Techniques learnt will allow teachers to move up the SAMR Model scale from basic ‘substitution’ to transformational ‘redefinition’ of learning.
Teachers will gain firsthand experience designing the following tasks:
- Special Education Distributing electronic workbooks and management using ‘Doctopus’
- Special Education Creating a quiz with Google forms and autoSpecial Educationmarking using ‘Flubaroo’
- Special Education Exploring Google Docs and universal editing
- Special Education Classroom collaboration using Google Classroom and other GAFE products
- Special Education Designing an interactive ‘live’ class quiz
- Special Education Creating movies from Google Slides and Google Drawing (using Animoto)
- Special Education Publishing videos to a global audience / competitive movie making
- Special Education Creating and collaborating on website design
Target Audience: 7-12, Teachers & Executive
Requirements: Participants are required to bring a device with the Google Chrome browser installed. Recommended devices are laptops or chromebooks, not tablets.